Career Design Guide
We like this career-planning workbook because it is so well-researched and allows our clients to use it at their own pace. It supports your self-assessment of your values, interests, and motivated skills and then gives you steps to analyze what this can mean in your work life.
The Guide has two critical sections — In Part 1, “Personal Assessment,” you will:
- Complete three inventories that will help you learn more about your Interests, Values, and Motivated Skills
- Learn how your results integrate into Patterns. Patterns are a framework which summarizes the interaction between personal preferences and the work environment, work style, occupations and leisure pursuits that align with them
- Evaluate how satisfied you are with the degree to which your identified preferences are present in your current work and life
In Part 2, you Apply your Assessment Results
- Consider market realities that may have an impact on your career
- A guided process explores career trends and market realities and suggests ways users can gather information needed in these areas for making career decisions
- A practical step-by-step planning model incorporates personal and market realities and leads users to select the best direction for them.
- A focused and targeted planning process incorporates development strategies and resource use.
- Understand how to integrate and apply these realities and your personal information into meaningful development plans